Membership of the Friends is on a personal basis. The minimum annual subscription is £20, but many give more and the majority of our members sign a Gift Aid certificate which enables the Society to reclaim tax.
Members have unlimited free entry to the Museum with one guest. Additionally:
- They receive a year book, “All Round Look”, which has articles and book reviews of wide submarine interest.
- A reception and buffet (at cost to those attending) following the AGM.
- Admission to special lectures and other social events organised or sponsored by the Friends.
- Access to the Members Area of the website.
- Access to the Museum’s library and archive by special request.
- Associate membership of the Royal Naval and Royal Albert Yacht Club Portsmouth, allowing access for up to 6 occasions a year with guests.
- Special tours to places of maritime interest in conjunction with the Friends of the other NMRN Museums.
- 20% discount at the Museum Shop.
- 10% discount at the Harbour Stations Cafe – NEW!
The Annual General Meeting at the beginning of July is followed by a reception in the Museum.
To join online, fill in the form below, submit the form and choose your payment method.
If you wish to pay instead by standing order or cheque then please, print, complete and submit the form here.
If you are having trouble registering please email the Webmaster who will be delighted to help!
Our Email Policy
Email addresses supplied to this website may be used by the Secretary, Membership Secretary or Treasurer to contact individual members of the Society on society matters such as a change of address or a missing subscription. Under no circumstances will email addresses be supplied to any other organisation without the express permission of the owner of that email address.